Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Sunday Six

After I hit 1000 hits this Saturday, I did a dance.  Stitches in my foot and all.  1000 hits in just a little over a month.  Where's my Fresca! 

I really can't believe it.  Thanks so much to all my readers out there who've made this venture a success.  And thank you so much to Rachel over at One Pretty Thing.  You've really got me rolling by featuring my tutorials, and I'm so grateful. 

Since I won't be around much tomorrow, I've decided to post the Sunday Six on a Saturday.  I know, I'm a wild and crazy kid.  I'm breaking out my rebel card.

So, what are you going to be reading this year?  I, for one, have found quite a few blogs this week:

First:  Elizabeth Abernathy.  How did I not find this wonderful blog before this?  I am usually tireless in my searches.  So many cool things to make, so little time...


Second:  Cluck, Cluck, Sew.  If you are into quilting, or are like me, and wish you had the stamina to produce the most beautiful works of art, then cluck, I mean click,  on over. 


Third:  Little Birdie Secrets... I made a few of her lovely rosettes as freebies for my Etsy orders, and was so pleased.  Not frustrating at all, like some flower tutorials..  She has a million ideas, all of them A-dor-able.

Fourth:  The Purl Bee...  The blog of Purl Soho- there is always, always, always beautiful eye candy over there.  Seriously.  Go.  They have the best of 2010 listed today, and the felt barrettes for little ones isn't even on it.




Fifth:  Sew, Mama, Sew.  I've got a couple of projects I want to make from this excellent seamstress.  Highest on the list is her Yoga Skirt, which I don't think I can make it through the spring without.



And, last but never least:  Centsational Girl.  With a tagline like "fabulous for less", how could you resist?  She has the decorating eye of Martha Stewart on my budget.  Love it!






So, stay busy this year.  There are things out there for you to make.  You just need to drink enough coffee, find the supplies, and ignore your family for at least three hours per day.  Really.  They can survive on PB&J.  I've tested that hypothesis recently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment